HOOVER ELEMENTARY DRESS CODE 2014-2015
UNIFORM DRESS OPTIONS
COLLARED POLO TYPE
Classic Red, Navy Blue, White, Black
(long or short sleeve)
Pastel Blue, White
(long or short sleeve)
PETER PAN COLLAR (GIRLS)
HOOVER SCHOOL SPIRIT T-SHIRTS
Students may wear a Hoover School
Spirit Shirt at any time, with the Khaki,
Black, or Navy Blue bottoms.
T-shirts/turtleneck shirts – ONLY solid color (Classic Red, Navy Blue, White, Black) worn under collared uniform polos, oxfords, Peter Pan collared shirts or Hoover t-shirt.
* No printed t-shirts
* T-shirt/turtleneck shirts may not be worn alone.
* No undershirts showing below hemline of uniform
**Shirts must be tucked in for students in
Hoover sweatshirt, plain sweatshirt
& cardigan sweaters (Classic Red, Navy Blue,
*HOODIES – ONLY Hoover hoodies are
permitted in class.
** No other hoodies or jackets with or without hoods
are permitted in class.
UNIFORM BOTTOMS – NO LOW RIDERS, TPS STANDARD LENGTH
Khaki/Navy Blue/Black slacks, skirts, skorts, jumpers (Navy Blue or Khaki), capris (Khaki, Black, or Navy Blue). No over-sized or under-sized bottoms. No cargo pants.
*Uniform bottoms must be free of rips and/or holes.
Navy Blue only
Khaki or Navy Blue
Black or Brown. Belts may be of various fabrics with no decoration. NO SUSPENDERS
All 3rd – 6th grade students MUST wear a belt if pants have belt loops.
Closed toe shoes only – No Heelies, wheeled shoes, or cleats
*No sandals or flip flops
SOCKS AND TIGHTS
Leggings, tights, socks solid uniform colors (Classic Red,
Navy Blue, White, Black)
*No printed tights or socks
Blue denim bottoms with no rips or holes and uniform polo (Classic Red, Navy Blue, White, Black), collared oxford shirt (Pastel Blue or White), Peter Pan collared shirt (White only), or Hoover t-shirt. Jeans day will be every Friday.
FREE DRESS DAYS
School picture days, select field trips, school
*Tulsa Public School guidelines still apply during
free dress days.
Flyers will be sent home prior to free dress days.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED
NO ball caps
For hardship cases, limited help with uniforms MAY be available. If you have a need, call the counselor,
Mrs. Hixson, at (918)746-9120.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can my student wear printed tights/socks or leggings? No, all tights, socks and leggings must be plain in Classic Red, Navy Blue, White or Black.
2. Can my student wear a t-shirt/turtleneck under his/her polo, oxford or Peter Pan collared shirt? Yes, t-shirt or turtleneck (Classic red, Navy Blue, White, or Black), can be worn underneath a classic polo-type shirt (Classic Red, Navy Blue, White, or Black), collared oxford shirt, Peter Pan collared or Hoover t-shirt. Undershirts may not have logos/printing on them, may not be worn alone, and may not show below hemlines.
3. Can my student wear a sweatshirt? Yes, a sweatshirt can be worn in solid uniform colors (Classic Red, Navy Blue, White, or Black) over a collared uniform shirt or Hoover t-shirt. A sweatshirt may not have any logos.
4. Can my student wear a purple, pink, yellow, green polo as in years past? No, only Classic Red, Navy Blue, White, or Black are allowed.
5. What are the requirements for dresses? Polo style dresses are allowed in Navy Blue only– long or short sleeved. Jumpers (khaki or Navy Blue) must be worn over a collared uniform shirt.
6. What is the requirement on Jeans Day? On Jeans Day students are allowed to wear a uniform polo type shirt (Classic Red, Navy Blue, White, or Black), collared oxford (Light Blue or White), Peter Pan collared shirt (White only), or Hoover t-shirts with plain blue denim-colored jeans only (no rips or holes). No colored, printed, or patterned jeans.
7. Can my student wear a vest or suspenders over his/her uniform shirt? No, vests or suspenders are not allowed.
8. Can my student wear a sweater? Yes, cardigan sweaters (Classic Red, Navy Blue, White, or Black) can be worn over the polos or Hoover t-shirt.
9. Can my student wear sandals? No, all shoes must be closed-toed.
10. What uniform bottoms are allowed? Pants, skirts, capris, or shorts in TPS standard length and in Khaki, Navy Blue, or Black only.
11. Where can uniforms be purchased? Anywhere uniforms are sold. (Wal-Mart, Target, Lands’ End, Old Navy, Academy Sports, or any uniform shop).
12. Can my student wear a hoodie? Yes, properly sized HOOVER hoodies only.
13. Can my student wear a jacket/coat in class? No, jackets or coats may NOT be worn in class.
14. Can my student have a purse in class? No, purses must be stored in a student’s locker.
A good rule of thumb is to always make sure that your student is dressed in a collared shirt (Polo type, oxford cloth shirt, or Peter Pan collared) or a Hoover t-shirt and Khaki, Black, or Navy Blue pants, shorts, or skirt and closed-toe shoes.
Polos - Classic Red, Navy Blue, White, or Black
Oxford Style Shirts – White or Pastel Blue. The oxford shirt is the only Pastel Blue option.
Sweatshirts or Sweaters: Classic Red, Navy Blue, White, or Black
Turtlenecks – Classic Red, Navy Blue, White, or Black
Dresses – Polo style - Navy Blue
Jumpers – Navy Blue or Khaki
Pants, Skirts, Jumpers, or Shorts – Navy Blue, Khaki, or Black
Leggings, tights or socks: Classic Red, Navy Blue, White, or Black
Shoes: Closed toed only - no Heelies, wheeled shoes, or cleats
Outerwear: ONLY Hoover hoodies may be worn in classes.
Items not allowed: Shirt or sweatshirt that is not in solid uniform colors, clothing with logos, suspenders, vests, cargo pants, hats, ball caps, scarves, or purses.
If you have any questions regarding the uniform policy please call the Hoover office at 918-746-9120.